Faculty and staff are welcomed to submit a request for a scholarship funded by FIU Foundation and/or to be funded through a department’s auxiliary and/or EG account.
Questions or concerns? Contact us.
- Financial Aid Item Type Request
FIU faculty and staff can submit a request to create a scholarship. If you would like to create a new award, please submit the Financial Aid Item Type Request form. The Financial Aid Item Type Request form is to be completed when awarding a new scholarship or stipend.
Submit the Financial Aid Item Type Request form to FAschola@fiu.edu to be processed.
- FIU Foundation Scholarship Authorization
To award scholarships using donated funds from the FIU Foundation, faculty and staff can submit the Foundation Scholarship Authorization e-form:
Please Note When You Fill Out This e-form:
- Requests must be authorized by the department budget representative to be approved.
- We have added comment boxes to each student and a general comments box at the bottom per request.
- You do NOT need to submit a foundation invoice for awards submitted using this form. Foundation will reimburse the activity once a month via wire transfer.
- If you search for a Foundation Project and it is not found, please let us know. It could be an issue on the back end.
- Departmental Scholarship Authorizations
To request a scholarship or stipend that will be through a department’s auxiliary and/or EG account, (not funded by FIU Foundations) faculty and staff can fill out the Scholarship Authorization form.
Faculty and staff must keep in mind that:
- The FIU Foundation will not reimburse these awards.
- Only enrolled FIU students may be awarded with this form.
- The financial aid office will disburse scholarship funds to student accounts the 3rd week after classes begin.