Depending on whether your scholarship is tuition-based or a flat rate, other things like books, room and board may be covered by your scholarship.
A tuition-based scholarship is defined as an award that pays a specific percentage of the student’s tuition; the actual amount covered, varies based on cost of tuition. Students with tuition-based scholarships who enroll in 3 or more credits qualify to be awarded the tuition and/or fees portion of their scholarship during the summer (semesters A, B and C) in the same way they would during the academic year, based on the type of scholarship they have received. If the scholarship includes room, board and/or a book allowance component, those award amounts will be prorated based on the level of enrollment as follows:
Proration Rule for Room, Board and Book Allowance:
- 12 or more credits: 100% room, board charges and/or book allowance
- 9-11 credits: 75% room, board charges and/or book allowance
- 6-8 credits: 50% room, board charges and/or book allowance
- 3-5 credits: 25% room, board charges and/or book allowance
A Flat rate scholarship is defined as an award that pays a set amount regardless of the cost of tuition. If your scholarship is a flat rate scholarship, the award amount will be prorated based on the level of enrollment as follows:
Proration Rule for Flat Rate Scholarship:
- 12 or more credits: 100% of your flat rate scholarship
- 9-11 credits: 75% of your flat rate scholarship
- 6-8 credits: 50% of your flat rate scholarship
- 3-5 credits: 25% of your flat rate scholarship
Gold & Blue Achievement Award amounts may differ from student to student and are calculated based on academic credentials and vary by admission term. Students admitted prior to Summer 2020 have a flat rate Gold & Blue Scholarship. Students admitted after Summer 2020 are receiving a set rate per credit enrolled.
- Students who also earned Raise.me dollars, and were eligible for a Gold and Blue Scholarship received whichever award was highest, they cannot earn both.