TheDream.US is the nation's largest college access and success program for DREAMers. As a Partner College, DREAMers are able to attend FIU using the National Scholarship funded by TheDream.US.
Application opens November 1, 2020 for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Application closes February 25, 2021.
Please visit TheDream.US for information on specific requirements and how to apply.
If you are a current TheDream.US scholar contact:
- Admissions: Jody Glassman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 305-348-3662
- Scholar Advisor: Tatiana Viera, email@example.com, 305-348-2975
- General Enrollment Info: Kwesi Tarradath, firstname.lastname@example.org, 305-348-4830
- On-Campus Student Employment: email@example.com, 305-348-2500
- Tuition Billing & Payment: Shina Pierre Louis, firstname.lastname@example.org, 305-348-1527
- Tuition Waivers and Residency: Jennifer Halpern, email@example.com, 305-348-1384
Non-Resident Tuition Waiver
Florida law provides for FIU to waive the out-of-state fee for all students, including undocumented students, who demonstrate they:
- Attended a high school in the state of Florida for 3 consecutive years; and
- Graduated from a Florida high school immediately after those 3 years of consecutive attendance; and
- Applied for enrollment in a state university, Florida College System institution, or Florida career center or charter technical career center in Florida within 24 months after high school graduation.
The waiver is only available for up to 110% of the required credits hours of an undergraduate degree or certificate program for which the student is enrolled. This waiver cannot be applied to non-degree work or graduate degrees. The approval of this waiver does not grant eligibility for financial aid, scholarships or loans from the University, the state, or the federal government, as defined in the Florida Statutes. Chapter 2014-62, Section 5, 1009.26 Fee Waivers. Additionally, receipt of this out-of-state fee waiver does NOT constitute classification as a Florida resident for tuition purposes. Students who receive this waiver remain classified as non-Florida residents for tuition purposes and are NOT eligible for state financial aid, including Bright Futures.
For a list of Scholarships for undocumented students listed and organized by month and due date, visit Scholarship A-Z.
Please note: DACA/TPS/Undocumented students without a legal status are not eligible for Federal, State or Institutional Funding.